After 12+ years of helping disadvantaged job applicants we have learned what it takes to help our members in a way and at a level no other can.
We do so much more than answer or reply to a call.
The best way to use our services is to complete a free reference request form via the provided link http://careerexcuse.wildapricot.org/ and then speak with a Career Consultant who will work with you to create an employment history that will increase the chances of you being selected over your competition, every time.
Your Career Consultant will base their suggestion on many different variables, including but not limited to: Your submitted request form, current resume, age, targeted Job title, Industry etc..
Once you have completed the request form your Career Consultant will put together your requested references based on the information you provide, you will then receive via email a detailed draft that will show you how we can help and what you will receive once you proceed. The information provided includes the following details: Established company site, Professionally located company address in your requested area, Reference Providers Name, Email address, Company Extension, and much more.
Custom references are also available and will require an agreement between you and your Career Consultant. There are only a few reasons that I will suggest using an actual company rather that one we own, you will see these listed below along with the reasons you should not use an actual company.
Reasons are as follows:
• Main reason not to use an actual company rather than one that we own is if any company checking your reference looks online and calls the number listed on the actual site then its game over!
• We cannot provide you with a website unless we own the company that we are providing the reference for.
• When using an actual company such as abc.com for example, we would not be able to provide you with an email address of email@example.com. We would only be able to provide something similar, for example; firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
• When we receive a request for a custom reference this is how the email will be set up and acquired. There is an additional cost of $35 to have us purchase a new domain in order to provide you with a company email. This has been very successful and has not raised any red flags.
• We only answer calls in the company name if the company is one that we own. However, when we answer calls for a member in a company other than the one we own, we will have a live operator answer the call as follows; Thank you for calling John Doe's office, how may I help you ? They will then ask for the name you have been provided by Careerexcuse and the call will be transferred to your assigned reference provider. Once the reference provider is on the line, He/She can answer as follows; "Thank you for calling (Your custom company name) this is John Doe speaking, how may I help you?.
• If there is a company that already has your resume and has called you in for an interview, then you will want to keep everything the way it is listed on the resume they have. In this case we can help but an agreement must be made and I do not want payment being made until you have spoken with a Career Consultant to discuss how it works when done this way.